• הצטרפו למשפחה

היי, היי אתה (או את) שם!

אנחנו יודעים, נחמד להיות אנונימי, ולמי בכלל יש כוח להירשם או להיות עכשיו "החדשים האלה".

אבל בתור חברי פורום רשומים תוכלו להנות ממערכת הודעות פרטיות, לנהל מעקב אחרי כל הנושאים בהם הייתם פעילים, ובכלל, להיות חלק מקהילת הרכב הכי גדולה, הכי מגניבה, וכן - גם הכי שרוטה, באינטרנט הישראלי. 

אז קדימה, למה אתם מחכים? בואו והצטרפו ותהיו חלק מהמשפחה הקצת דפוקה שלנו.

Moti Miata R in the Sport Compact Car Magazine

golangti
שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7089 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

פוסטים מומלצים

To those that are not familiaer with the magazine ,every year the Sport Compact Car magazine is testing 10 of the best modified cars, that will compete in every aspect of the car ,as a daily driver and as road/race car and as a show car and also combined with value of the car,and the given name is

!!!THE ULTIMATE STREET CAR CHALLENGE

This year among the well known fast Skyline, the furious Supra the highly moded Sparco EVO there was another little Mazda miata that look innocent but a quick look under the hood will show all the goodies installed to make plenty of juice

The all point of this story is that when the guys from the magazine looked for somebody that can get the most out of a 500hp Miata, they called our Israeli friend Moti Almagor AKA moti miata R to do the the job.....and he sure did

Attached below in scann of the track day from the recent SCC magazine

R E S P E C T

USCC-Page-1.jpg

USCC-Page-2.jpg

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

• תגובות 32
  • פורסם
  • תגובה אחרונה

המגיבים הפעילים ביותר בשרשור

המגיבים הפעילים ביותר בשרשור

תמונות שפורסמו בשרשור

כל מה שהוא יודע בנהיגה הוא למד פה, מהפורום שלנו. :wink:

כל הכבוד מוטי.

:multi: רז .

205GTI סטנדרטית (תלוי מה הסטנדרטים שלך...).

נמכרה.

טיול נהיגה

בפורשה קאררה 4 GTS.

המרצדס שלי

נמכרה.

טיול נהיגה ביגואר F-TYPE V8 5.0

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Congrats moti!

I liked the RX7 :)

מי שמודד את התקדמותו, הצלחתו ואושרו בצורה יחסית לאחרים, לעד ישאר מתוסכל;

תמיד יהיה שכן עם גינה גדולה יותר, דשא ירוק יותר ומכסחת-דשא חדשה יותר.

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

:wink: Now that is the little beast that I was driving

The challenge is built from 15 tests, out of them a few are driving related and a few are car related, I did most of the driving for the team

First score was basic price of the car relative to the competition, this one was a good start for us since the miata was the cheapest car around to begin with, 1st place in this one

Next was the car show, judged by the guys from the magazine, the miata got 5th place, the outright winner was the Sparco Evo, a truly amazing looking car from any angle and perspective

Next, the engineering test, where a group of the tuning industry leaders is judging the car's preparation and set-up with special attention to the details... the miata was built for drag racing so it scored good in the engineering of the motor but not so good in the rest since it wasn't really meant to do anything but going straight fast... Miata takes 8th place here, The winner is the Sparco Evo followed very closely by the Road///Race Engineering Evo

The car was dynoed 3 days before the challenge at 472 HP at the wheels, when we came to the challenge the owner accidently uploaded different ECU map and the HP dropped to 417 HP.. not bad but not what we were hoping for, Miata takes 6th here, the winner by far is the Supra as expected

Later on, the owner loads the right ECU map and we're back with the full 472 RWHP.. that's about 550 flywheel HP.. insane

At the same time that the cars are on the dyno, the score is give not only to the peak power, but to the power delivery, the power curve.. our big turbo on a small motor means a big turbo lag, we're dead last at 10th place, the winner is the Supra that really offered a nice power band

Next, the emissions test... our little car runs on C16 racing gas and has no cat, we don't expect much here and are actually pretty surprised we take 8th place and not last.. HPA's Golf takes the first place here

The grandma test is the funny part of the challenge, every time they bring someone dressed like a grandma, this time it was a local road racer, big guy and a very funny one too, he acts like a grandma and yelling at everyone, spraying cheese from a can at people and walks around doing all kinds of funny things... the challenge here is to make grandma comfortable in your crazy car... kinda hard considering all the cars are half race cars, very noisy, most of them had the AC removed and more... we get 6th here, the R32 takes first place, it's almost completely stock and that helps the score a lot

The next test is a magazine test drive, when one of the editors is taking the car with the owner for a test drive around town, to see how it's doing for daily driving.. it is the ultimate street car challenge after all... we get 4th here, the Subaru takes the victory here

Test number 9 is fuel economy, the magazine fills up gas in all the car all the way to the top, then everyone has to take a drive to another location, no way to cheat, and than the magazine fills up the car again to see how much did the car take during the way, which is 113.6 Km long... I did the driving here, very strategic, drafting from our service truck and other trailers on the highway, I shut the car off every time we go downhill so it wouldn't take any gas at all.. I bring it to 2nd place here managing 14.2 Km per liter, the winner is the MR2

.This was the end of day one, on the next day our first test is the drag race

At the drag strip, the owner drove his miata, the car has a lot of power but no traction.. managed only a 13.98 but the highest speed, everyone that know anything about drag racing knows it's a 10 second car, a week after the challenge the owner took the car to the drag strip and ran 11.60 and still had too much wheelspin.. crazy

Unfortunately for us, they only count the time and we're last, the winner is the Eclipse, AWD makes for really nice launches

At the same time they also measure the 20-100 MPH acceleration and score it, we do only a little better and take 8th place, the MR2 wins

For the braking test, we really didn't really expect much here as the miata has no ABS and almost stock braking system, no ABS means no way to win.. we were the only car with no ABS... I was driving here and we had race pads on the car that really make for shitty cold stops and work like a wonder when they get hot... but than again, at the time of the test they were completely cold.. I take 9th place, the MR2 wins here

Than the skidpad test comes, we're happy beacuase we have a miata and they kick ass on the skidpad normally, in this test all the cars are driven by Dave Coleman, the magazine editor and a GREAT driver... dave comes back from the test and gives us a weird indication, he says that the car turns right excellent and turns right terribly,, the average of the two sets us in 5th place together with the Sparco Evo, the Supra wins here but this is annoying.. half an hour after the test was completed we find out that one of the front coil-overs came loose and screwed up the turns to the right, bad luck for us, we could have won here

!Than I get to the part that I was waiting for the most - the road course

The track that we ran, Streets Of Willow (see that SOW in my signature?) is my home track and I know it very well, well, not with a 500 HP miata but I can probably get it to run better than anyone else around

I go out, that car is mad, it accelerates like a rocket when you get traction, but it does not want to stick to the ground in the corners and it throws the tail around every corner no matter what I do... apparently I did well, 5th place here... not bad for a drag car, to beat a Skyline that is prepared for road racing is nice

.My friend John Mueller, a professional racing driver since I was in kindergarden, drives his shop (RRE) Evo and wins as I expected

Last thing to do before we go home is the burnout competition, more for the fun and the good pictures for the magazine, the owner drives the car here and gets a 3rd place together with the Sparco Evo, the MR2 wins together with the Golf, but everyone including myself think that the Golf got a good score here because of some advertising money that they "decided" to donate to the magazine or something like that... it wasn't that good

- Final scores

.MR2 wins, big time, strong show and finished in high positions all the time, makes for great overall score

.The Supra takes a second place here, followed by the Eclipse in third, both of them did good all the time too

The Evos finish 4th and 5th, sparco and RRE, respectively, in the 6th place stands the Skyline, 7th goes to the Golf R32, the Subaru is 8th and we finish in a disappointing 9th overall... RX7 comes last

We really got killed at the drag strip and the dyno on the power delivery..the car show and the engineering weren't good either, the braking test was a chioce of making good braking here and a chance of losing the brakes on the road course, I chose to score bad at the braking test and have the brakes where I really needed them... I know I did the best I could and got a lot of compliments from both the owner and the team, as well as from the magazine staff... More to come, trust me

:wink:

.Moti

USCC-Miata-1.jpg

USCC-Miata-2.jpg

USCC-Miata-3.jpg

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

The fact that there was no other European (or American) car... well, it is more about imported cars from Japan, this is more of the crowd of the readers and the area that the magazine is concentrating in... there were other cars in the years before, in 2000 for example, there was a Ferrari 360 Modena which actually won the challenge that year.. there was also a Mustang that got a 5th place... in 2001 the winner had a Viper with over 800 HP... in 2003 it was supercharged Nissan 350Z

For the Challenge in 2004 there was actually a Porsche that was planned to participate, but they notified the magazine that they wouldn't be able to finish the car on time so someone else took their place in the challenge, I believe it was the RRE Eclipse

Yes, I did shut the motor off to save gas, it was funny and challenging, driving the car downhill in the mountains with no brake booster, definitely took some effort to get us safely downhill, but it all worked out great, I mean, I did finish in second place there after all

:wink:

.Moti

!I'm adding one more pic with a few nice shots, enjoy

USCC-More-pix.jpg

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7089 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

הצטרף לדיון

ניתן לפרסם הודעה כעת ולהירשם לאתר מאוחר יותר. במידה וכבר יש לך חשבון בפורום, התחבר כעת בכדי לפרסם באמצעות החשבון שלך.

הגב לנושא זה...

×   התוכן שהדבקת מסוגנן.   הסר סיגנון

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   הקישור שלך הוטמע אוטומטית בגוף ההודעה.   הצג כקישור רגיל

×   התוכן הקודם שלך שוחזר.   ניקוי העורך

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• תוכן חדש...