• הצטרפו למשפחה

היי, היי אתה (או את) שם!

אנחנו יודעים, נחמד להיות אנונימי, ולמי בכלל יש כוח להירשם או להיות עכשיו "החדשים האלה".

אבל בתור חברי פורום רשומים תוכלו להנות ממערכת הודעות פרטיות, לנהל מעקב אחרי כל הנושאים בהם הייתם פעילים, ובכלל, להיות חלק מקהילת הרכב הכי גדולה, הכי מגניבה, וכן - גם הכי שרוטה, באינטרנט הישראלי. 

אז קדימה, למה אתם מחכים? בואו והצטרפו ותהיו חלק מהמשפחה הקצת דפוקה שלנו.

!Let the fun begin PART 2 - my Miata loses 400 Lbs

Moti - Miata R
שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7014 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

פוסטים מומלצים

The story that I started last week in this thread -

http://www.carsforum.co.il/vb/showthread.php?t=59942 Continues as my miata keeps losing weight

:shock:?How do you lose 400 Lbs (~180Kg) in one weekend

Before%20the%20chaos.JPG

.I was tired

.I got tired of the car sitting at home for 2 months with a broken transmission, I missed it

Let's get the facts straight - the car has a lot of track days on it and zero down time almost, it has been through some major abuse and never complained about it, sure - it has seen better days but it still runs very strong and is one of the fastest cars in any track day that I'll show up to

The last track day I took it to ended up with a broken transmission, still the factory transmission that came with the car, it was never replaced or rebuilt, Mazda built this car with a damn good transmission that holds twice the power that the car comes with through so much abuse... last track day ended up with 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears in pieces... time for a new transmission

- Let's see what I need

A new transmission

Changing the timing belt

Changing every fluid in the car

Changing a bunch of gaskets and seals

Major service items

- Those are thing that I WANT to do as well at the same time

Porting the head

Re-routing the coolant flow through the motor

Replacing the oil cooler that I added with a bigger one and more efficient set-up

Taking off as much weight as possible

With so much work on the line, it will actually be faster to pull out the whole motor and transmission off the car and do everything when they are out and put them back in when I'm done... some of the things you need to remove in order to do that have never even been wrenched off the car so I expected some fighting back from the car but for the most it was pretty smooth

- The dream team

Mike - a well known miata doctor and an all around car nut

Yaron - a car nut as well, getting his mind poisoned these days to buy a miata and start racing

Five - five is the coolest dog around, she adds a flare of barking and singing during the work

:wink: Myself, no need to introduce

Immediately after the work starts I realize that I have found a way to remove loads of weight off the car, improve the aerodynamic performance and make the car smell better - all I need is to clean the underside of the car a little bit

I start removing parts of the bottom, driveshaft, braces etc.. Yaron shows some serious talent removing a bunch of connectors that no one else can and Mike is helping both of us when we're getting stuck

Now, when you don't really care about some of the parts because they're going straight to the next trash can the work becomes somewhat funnier... I find myself cutting un-necessary coolant lines with a giant cutter, taking the knife to some wiring and more

Water%20lines...%20what%20water%20lines.JPG

- Reaching the wiring is fun as you can see

Last%20connector.JPG

By the way, you can see how the covers that I made for the healight doors are riveted to the hood, on the upper side I cover them with a black sheet of vinyl and it looks as a part of the hood

It's the big moment now, Mike and Yaron are pulling the motor, I run for my life (and to get the camera) and a few minutes later it's done - I finally manage to lose some serious weight off the car, the motor and transmission are out

Motor%20being%20pulled%20out.JPG

!Time to step in

?Which set-up is stronger? 265 Horsepower or one Moti power

One%20Moti%20power!.JPG

After this hard day's work we retire to the patio, Mike's wife - Rose is doing

wonders on the BarBQ with some awesome Carne Asada and only after we're seriously fed we can get back to work though the light is almost gone

I have only one desire, to have the transmission and the motor seperated so I can see if a new clutch is needed though I hope not... Racing clutches aren't cheap, good four-five hundred dollars

Mike and Yaron working on the transmission while I'm cleaning the engine bay from build up of dirt and oil and on the way removing a bunch of un-necessary items to take off more weight, then Mike says something like

"?Moti what hell"

"What's up"

"!Your clutch"

My ACT Xtreme kevlar clutch, with high load capacity and everything, comes out in pieces and take out any hopes that I had to keep it

ACT%20XT%20clutch.JPG

More to come.. I went out of Mike's place with a shopping list of part that I need to buy for next time that I don't want to think about, hopefully $1500 or less... still much better than any normall garage will charge for all that work

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

אל: מוטי

הנידון: מוטי

תודה, מוטי.

בכבוד רב,

רועי

למכירה פנסים קדמיים מקוריים חדשים לGTI MKV

My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel -

Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

למה אתה לא חוזר לארץ? לא שמעת?? החוק המוטורי מתקדם...

סעמק! מי בא איתי לגור בארה"ב....?

דברי הבלים אינם מזיקים כאשר אין אוזניים לשמעם...

הדבר הכי מעצבן בעולם זה שאחותי הקטנה פורסת את הלחם עקום! צריך ללמד את זה בביה"ס!!

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

איזה כיף לך!

אבל תהיה לי בריא, לגשת לאוטו כזה עם מגזרי תיל ענקיים...

אגב, חיפשתי ולא מצאתי אבל פעם היה לנו בפורום קישור לאיזה אתר עם פרוייקט הפחתת משקל מטורף מאיזה רכב לטובת 0-100. הורידו מאיזו מיצובישי (נדמה לי) את כל מה שאפשר. כולל קורות שלדה. והצליחו לשפר את התאוצה שלה באיזה 3 שניות למאה רק בעזרת מסור דיסק...

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

אישפוז האוטו שאתה מדבר עליו זה ניסן סנטרה שהמהירות שלה מ-0 ל100 הייתה משהו כמו 6-7 שניות ואחרי שניסרו לה את הגג ועוד הרבה חלקים מהאוטו הוא עשה ב-3 שניות למאה בלי שינויי מנוע בלי כלום רק משקל!

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

אישפוז האוטו שאתה מדבר עליו זה ניסן סנטרה שהמהירות שלה מ-0 ל100 הייתה משהו כמו 6-7 שניות ואחרי שניסרו לה את הגג ועוד הרבה חלקים מהאוטו הוא עשה ב-3 שניות למאה בלי שינויי מנוע בלי כלום רק משקל!

צודק! תודה!

הנה הכתבה המקורית באדיבות רוני:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

אז מוטי, יש לך עוד מה ללמוד בנושא הפחתת משקל...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

צודק! תודה!

הנה הכתבה המקורית באדיבות רוני:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

אז מוטי, יש לך עוד מה ללמוד בנושא הפחתת משקל...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ishpuz, the article originally published in Sport Compact Car magazine and was written by the tech editor - Dave Coleman... I happen to know Dave Coleman in person, in fact - we just set together with a bunch of the magazine guys for beers and dinner last friday night, I know the whole story about this Sentra very well

:wink: Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

בטופ גיר הם לקחו יגואר ישנה סדאן 4 דלתות ובדקו תאוצה מ0-100 .

לאחר מכן הוציאו ממנה כל מה שאפשר כולל פנסים מרימי חלונות וכו' וכו' וכו'.

ולאחר מכן בדקו והיא שיפרה במספר שניות קטן את התוצאה.

אגב אתמול בשידור ביס הם בדקו אותה בקו ישר מול מכוניות העל מכל הארצות כמו מאיטליה פרארי 360 וגרמניה פורשה 911 ומאמריקה קורבט וכו' וכו' וכו'.

היגואר כצפוי הגיעה אחרונה בהפרש ענק.

לאחר מכן הם התקינו ביגואר 5 בלוני NOS וזה כבר שיפר את התוצאה עד כדי כך שהיגואר ניצחה.

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Oh Moti Moti

You just dont you get it, Nothing will help your little car when you'll come to the PIR race track, you will still have to try to catch my leather padded ass with your anorexic miata

And by the way keep the glasses on so you can see my tail pipe

:-):wave:

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7014 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

הצטרף לדיון

ניתן לפרסם הודעה כעת ולהירשם לאתר מאוחר יותר. במידה וכבר יש לך חשבון בפורום, התחבר כעת בכדי לפרסם באמצעות החשבון שלך.

הגב לנושא זה...

×   התוכן שהדבקת מסוגנן.   הסר סיגנון

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   הקישור שלך הוטמע אוטומטית בגוף ההודעה.   הצג כקישור רגיל

×   התוכן הקודם שלך שוחזר.   ניקוי העורך

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• תוכן חדש...