• הצטרפו למשפחה

היי, היי אתה (או את) שם!

אנחנו יודעים, נחמד להיות אנונימי, ולמי בכלל יש כוח להירשם או להיות עכשיו "החדשים האלה".

אבל בתור חברי פורום רשומים תוכלו להנות ממערכת הודעות פרטיות, לנהל מעקב אחרי כל הנושאים בהם הייתם פעילים, ובכלל, להיות חלק מקהילת הרכב הכי גדולה, הכי מגניבה, וכן - גם הכי שרוטה, באינטרנט הישראלי. 

אז קדימה, למה אתם מחכים? בואו והצטרפו ותהיו חלק מהמשפחה הקצת דפוקה שלנו.

My day at the race track yesterday

Moti - Miata R
שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7103 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

פוסטים מומלצים

:wink: ...Ilan - there's a saying about the 911/Carrera which says that it is a terrible idea with great execution if you understand the meaning

Regarding the RX8, well it is well known to take a lot of gas even in normal street driving... on the race track, any car with a turbo will take a lot more gas, my miata for example will average 2.5-3 Km per Liter on the racetrack, I'm sure the RX8 will take a lot less

As for the rev limiter stuck all the way up at 9k, well, I guess it sounds great on the paper but in reality it will be a lot nicer if you could make the same power without the need to rev it up so high, say up to 7k would be much nicer, I don't care where the rev limiter is as long as the powerband is nice

.I had a BMW before, a 95 M3 but no experience with any old 325's or anything from that generation

Regarding the S2000, it really sounds like your frieend should attend a driving course, the tail isn't _THAT_ twitchy, unless you tell me here that he had been through a few driving schools already, it sounds like the best thing for him to do.... don't forget that the most important piece of the car that makes it go fast is the driver

I actually had a chance to sample both STI and Evo8 back to back a few months ago on this same racetrack, both were completely stock, no modifications at all and here's my take, keep in mind that both are the US versions of the cars which are different that the japaneses and european ones

The Evo is a sharp car, it handles pretty nicely for an AWD car, some noticeable understeer as I expected but better than I thought it would be, the US version does not come with the active differentials and the front differential is open and not a limited slip unit, which is very evident on the racetrack... there were a lot of corners that you could see smoke coming from the front tires because it was spinning really badly

.The brakes are nothing short of amazing and the steering, though a little lighter than I like, is full of feedback, power is good and smooth

.The STI in comparison, is a little bit softer, but really just a little bit... I don't expect a driver with no experience to notice it right away

The US version is a monster with 2.5L motor and 300 HP from the factory, it has a 6 speed transmission (Evo has 5) and a sweet note from the exhaust

On the racetrack, the addition of the active differentials on the STI is making a day and night difference after driving the Evo, the front LSD is a piece of art and it pulls you out of a corner like a freight train, the power is addicting and I like it much better than the Evo, I think that there were a few corners that my Miata can't pull out of with such exit speeds and believe me, my car pulls out of corners with exit speeds that most other cars aren't even close to

The 6 speed transmission and the lower rev limiter (7000) are annoying on the racetrack, the gearing seems to be a little too short for the power of the car and I think that I was riding the rev limiter 15 times every lap, it's great to drive the car daily like that but forces you to shift too much on the race track

.The brakes, which are similar to the Evo are no different, they are simply amazing, great feedabck and control, the steering feels nice, some more understeering than the Evo but still okay for an AWD car

Final verdict - if I wanted one of them for a daily driver, STI wins hands down, for the racetrack, maybe, only maybe Evo, it might turn slightly quicker lap times eventually, but the STI has a better motor all around better composure to my taste

.I have no experience with the R32

The most exotic car I ever drove was a new Porsche 996 Turbo S, it was nice but I had totake it easy on the car, the owner was too scared something will happen even though I wasn't driving even in my 50% ability

By the way, this is not my job, I actually manage projects for a construction company as my daily job, but I do instruct on the race track about once or twice in a month

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

By the way, this is not my job, I actually manage projects for a construction company as my daily job, but I do instruct on the race track about once or twice in a month
תמיד ידעתי שעבודה בחברת בניה זאת עבודה מועדפת :wink:

כנ"ל, קריאה מהנה, ימח שמך, וכ"ו :-P

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

לכבוד

מוטי

1.ראשית כל , תודה על תשובתך המפורטת/מנומקת/מושקעת- תענוג לקרוא.

2.בקשר ל - RX8, דעתי היא כי באם נשווה בין אותם מנועים מוגדשים, למנוע הרוטורי של הRX8, נגלה כי מנוע זה הבנוי להביא את ההספק וכן את שיא המומנט והדחף בסל"ד כה גבוהה וכל זאת יחסית למנוע 1.3 ליטר, שווה ערך למנוע גדול יחסית, זה אחד הנתונים שמביא את אותה RX8, לשתיה מרובה עד לכדי שיכרות יתר, לדעתי עקב כך היא יותר זללנית מהגרסאות המוגדשות המקבילות.וכך גם בנסיעות מנהלתיות שיגרתיות יחסית, היא פשוט אוהבת לשתות, ותאוות סל"ד גבוהה...

דר"א כיום ידוע היא שודרגה ל 300 כ"ס, וכנראה "טיפלו" גם בסל"ד אותו להערכתי החזירו לקרקע המציאות והשתמשו ביחס המומנט בגיר, אולי זו תהיה דווקא "חסכונית" יותר מגרסתה החלושה...

בעיר מגוריי ישנה BMW M3, שנת 95', מאוד נהנתי לנהוג בה, אך לצערי אין אני יכול להשוותה ביחס ל RX8, ,חבר שלי השכיר בזמנו RX8 בחו"ל, והיא מאוד הזכירה לו את הבימר 325i. שהיתה לו מזמן (1987) .

בקשר ל S2000, אכן אני שותף לדעתך כי מומלץ לערוך מספר התנסויות בנהיגה מתקדמת ,לפני שאתה מתחיל "לרקוד" איתה. מה שחבר שלי לא עשה,הוא עלה בסולם דרגות הקושי, ופשוט הגיע למצב של שכרון חושים, שסופו ידוע... מזל שהוא יצא מזה.

בעיניין ההשוואה בין EVO 8 vs STi, שוב נהנתי לקרוא, למרות כי אכן דגמים עליהם נהגת, אלו דגמים ספציפים לשוק האמריקאי, כידוע ארצה מיובאים הגרסאות ה"חלושות" יחסית ונמכרות כאן במחירים מטורפים. אני נהגתי ב EVO 8 אכן מכונית מענגת לנהיגה וחדה, לא נהגתי בה במסלול,אלא על כביש ציבורי, אכן מבחינה יומיומית, היא כישלון, ורבים טענו כי על מסלול טכני יעדיפו את הEVO 8, שוב תלוי באיזו גרסה מדובר, לעומת זאת ה STI מרגישה בורגנית יותר, ומצליחה איכשהו לשלב בין קודש לחול.

מוטי אני מאחל לך לנהוג גם באיטלקיות אקזוטיות, היה מעניין יותר לו התאפשר לך לנהוג בה

זאת אומרת ב 911 טורבו S, מספר הקפות, ולהוציא את מיטבך ולא רק 50%,אני מניח כי לא רק שהתחשבת בבעל הרכב, אלא נתת ל 911 טורבו S, את הכבוד להוביל (בחלק מהזמן).

בכבוד רב

אילן פ.

אילן פ ייביש - turbo

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

- Ilan

There's a serious misconception about the rotary motor, it's the third time I think that I see here on the forum that someone writes how well the motor performs regarding the fact that in displaces only 1.3L ... forget about it, it's not 1.3L that compare to normal 1.3L four stroke motor, actually, for any classifying purpose (like in racing organizations...) the rotary motor counts as a 2.6L - it takes the same amount of gas as a 2.6L, it uses injection and exhaust that are sized similarly as if the motor was a 2.6L four stroke, if you put a turbo on it (like in the RX7) it will be sized similarly to one that you'll install on a 2.6L

?You get the idea, right

.Forget about the 1.3L thing, because it's a different type of motor, COMPLETELY different

I'll be interested to read about the power upgrade that you say the RX8 has gotten to bring it to 300 HP, I have not heard about and I am pretty well aware of Mazda's updates of the line-up, being involved in the miata community... there are a couple of prototypes running around with supercharger and turbo but as far as I know that's it

"בקשר ל S2000, אכן אני שותף לדעתך כי מומלץ לערוך מספר התנסויות בנהיגה מתקדמת ,לפני שאתה מתחיל "לרקוד" איתה. מה שחבר שלי לא עשה,הוא עלה בסולם דרגות הקושי, ופשוט הגיע למצב של שכרון חושים, שסופו ידוע... מזל שהוא יצא מזה."

Yes, sounds like he was lucky to get out of it... he better know next time what to do, especially if he has now a Boxster, because when the boxster goes sideways, it even harder than the S2k to catch, definitely not a "beginner car", nothing better than a few good driving courses to sharpen the skill

"אני מניח כי לא רק שהתחשבת בבעל הרכב, אלא נתת ל 911 טורבו S, את הכבוד להוביל (בחלק מהזמן)."

:wink: Absolutely NOT

Letting the car lead you, especially when talking about a car with very high capabilities like the 911 Turbo S, is the best way to get yourself into trouble, you should always drive within your comfortable level

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

לכבוד

מוטי

1.ובכן מוטי, לאחר שהבהרת את עיניין ה-RX8, הנוגע למבנה המנוע/ נפח, ביחס למנוע

סטנדרטי גדול יותר, זה אכן נשמע הגיוני.

2.בקשר ל 911 , במחשבה שניה הצדק איתך.

3.עוד בעיניין ה RX8, לא זכור לי בדיוק באיזה ירחון קראתי זאת, אך שם נמסר כי

ההספק של ה RX8, יגדל מ - 230 כ"ס, ל - 300 כ"ס.

בכבוד רב

אילן פ

אילן פ ייביש - turbo

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

3.עוד בעיניין ה RX8, לא זכור לי בדיוק באיזה ירחון קראתי זאת, אך שם נמסר כי

ההספק של ה RX8, יגדל מ - 230 כ"ס, ל - 300 כ"ס.

Ilan - Mazda USA are working on a supecharged version of the RX8 and actually have a prototype running around here, I expect the horsepower to go up to about 300, but the torque to go A LOT higher than what it is right now, the car has virtually no torque and really needs more of it

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7103 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

הצטרף לדיון

ניתן לפרסם הודעה כעת ולהירשם לאתר מאוחר יותר. במידה וכבר יש לך חשבון בפורום, התחבר כעת בכדי לפרסם באמצעות החשבון שלך.

הגב לנושא זה...

×   התוכן שהדבקת מסוגנן.   הסר סיגנון

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   הקישור שלך הוטמע אוטומטית בגוף ההודעה.   הצג כקישור רגיל

×   התוכן הקודם שלך שוחזר.   ניקוי העורך

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• תוכן חדש...