• הצטרפו למשפחה

היי, היי אתה (או את) שם!

אנחנו יודעים, נחמד להיות אנונימי, ולמי בכלל יש כוח להירשם או להיות עכשיו "החדשים האלה".

אבל בתור חברי פורום רשומים תוכלו להנות ממערכת הודעות פרטיות, לנהל מעקב אחרי כל הנושאים בהם הייתם פעילים, ובכלל, להיות חלק מקהילת הרכב הכי גדולה, הכי מגניבה, וכן - גם הכי שרוטה, באינטרנט הישראלי. 

אז קדימה, למה אתם מחכים? בואו והצטרפו ותהיו חלק מהמשפחה הקצת דפוקה שלנו.

My day at the race track yesterday

Moti - Miata R
שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7104 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

פוסטים מומלצים

:smile: Okay, so I thought some of you guys will be interested hearing about this

I was at Willow Springs complex in the "streets of willow" race track, my car was left at home with some electrical issue that I didn't have time to finish working on, but I was organizing a large group of miata owners to join an event ran by a club called Speed Ventures

As we're having a driver's meeting in the morning before we go out to the track, I was assigned with a student (I'm normally instructing), and to my satisfaction I learned that my student drives a brand new 2004 Porsche Carrera S with the sports suspension and a factory installed computer that brings the horsepower to 345, a good start

As I am instructing, I would normally ride with my student for a couple laps in the students group when I'm in the passenger seat, then I will switch over with them and I will drive their car when they are in the passenger seat for them to see how to do it and then we will switch back and they will drive when I'm instructing from the passenger's seat

As I'm taking my 2 laps driving the car, the guy was fairly impressed with the driving, so I offered him to take his car and let me drive it in the instructor's group with him in the passenger seat for him to see more of what his car can do, as most people have no idea how fast their cars can really run around a race track

:wink: , sure enough, the guy was all excited about it and told me he would be happy to do that... 30 minutes later, when the instructor's session started, I climbed into the driver seat and gave him the ride of his life, you can see me driving the car here http://www.firebirdofdoom.com/photos/Speed%20Ventures%20at%20Streets%20of%20Willow/index-3.html

After 25 minutes of beating the Porsche around the race track, I was assigned to instruct another student in a different group (so I can have 2 students at the same time), this time with a modified WRX, sure enough, I drove his WRX too (300 HP) and had fun with it... as I'm coming back from the session with the WRX, my friend which has a 2004 Nissan 350Z track edition suggests that I should take it out for a session and that he wants to check out my line around the track, sure enough, I take the Z out with him in the passenger seat and beat the car to death for 20 minutes until the power steering fluid can't take it anymore and starts boiling badly so I bring the car in to cool it down

As I'm standing in the pits with my friends after my instructing session are over, the head of the club asks me to instruct another guy, this time with a Mazda RX8 GT, and I take the offer gladly... a few minutes later I take the owner of the RX8 out in his car to the track for him to see what his car can do, and my friend, this car, even though doesn't have nearly the kind of power of the Porsche, the WRX and the 350Z that I drove before, has an amazing chassis and suspension and I clock really nice lap times with it

Thinking it's over, I come back to the pits and another one of my friends, this time with a turbo miata and armed with 250 HP, tells me to drive his car with him in the passenger seat for me to give him some advices regarding his set-up and evaluate the car... I obviously don't resist this one and we roll out

That miata runs on street tires and has no aerodynamic assistance like mine, as I take the first few laps I find out the the alignment is off by far and the car slides all over the place, making a few more laps and I enter a corner in 4th gear and WAAAAAY too fast, the tail comes around us and I send the car into the dirt going backwards in about 90 Kmh, as the dust settles we sit in the car laughing, it's completely dirty but it's no big deal and the owner of the car is cool with it

?So you may ask, out of the five cars, in which one did I clock the fastest lap times

We had a 345 HP brand new Porsche - 1:35.54

a 300 HP WRX driven gently - 1:39.47

a Nissan 350Z track edition (287 HP) - 1:34.72

a 250 HP turbo miata - 1:36.53

and a Mazda RX8 GT (238 HP) - 1:35.62

!The Nissan takes the lead

:wink: Fun day, thought you'd like to hear how the cars compare

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

I also got paid for it in the first place
מסכן מוטי, עובד בשבת.

:multi: רז .

205GTI סטנדרטית (תלוי מה הסטנדרטים שלך...).

נמכרה.

טיול נהיגה

בפורשה קאררה 4 GTS.

המרצדס שלי

נמכרה.

טיול נהיגה ביגואר F-TYPE V8 5.0

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

מדהים מוטי...............אני יושב 5 דקות מול המחשב ומזיל ריר רק על המחשבה לנהוג על המכוניות שנהגת ,ועוד באותו יום.ולקבל על זה כסף!

ניתן לפנות אלי בה"פ לייעוץ בענייני יהלומים ותכשיטים

http://www.sheynjewellery.com.hk

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

נשמע פשוט מדהים...

רק הערה אחת..

Carrera S זמינה רק בדגם ה997, בעוד לפי התמונות נהגת ב996 :roll:

מי שמודד את התקדמותו, הצלחתו ואושרו בצורה יחסית לאחרים, לעד ישאר מתוסכל;

תמיד יהיה שכן עם גינה גדולה יותר, דשא ירוק יותר ומכסחת-דשא חדשה יותר.

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

נשמע פשוט מדהים...

רק הערה אחת..

Carrera S זמינה רק בדגם ה997, בעוד לפי התמונות נהגת ב996 :roll:

.The Carrera S was available not only in the 996 as well, but already in the 993

,Best regards

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

מוטי, אתה איש רע ואכזר.

1.אני מסכים עם רוני... :evil::cry::cry::wink:

2.מדהים, נו דבר של מה מכך בארץ בעלת תרבות מוטורית נאורה. :roll:

3.מוטי היה נחמד אילו היית מפרט בנוסף , גם על תחושות ההיגוי,בלימה, אחיזה, וכו',

בכל רכב ורכב....לא רק באלה שנהגת כעת, אלה גם באלה שיבואו ,וכן אלה שנהגת בעבר.

בתקווה שזו לא בקשה מוגזמת מידי :oops:

4.מה מחירו של קורס אותו אתה מעביר :?:

5.לדעתי אתה עלול לגרום עכשיו לכמה חבריי פורום ,להתקפיי דיכאון חריפים....

בכבוד רב

אילן פ.

אילן פ ייביש - turbo

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

אם מתישהו אתה מרגיש קצת חולה, אין לך כוח לעוד יום עבודה מתיש על המסלול, אתה מעדיף להישאר בבית ולעבוד על האוטו, או שפשוט חזרת בתשובה ואתה צריך מחליף - אתה יודע למי לפנות :wink::-P

:puppydoge:mm_cry::bigcry:

אלוהים נמצא בפרטים הקטנים :mmangel:

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Gershon, the car is a US version Rabbit GTI (Golf GTI) that had the bumpers removed from it

.I was actually following the guy for a lap and had fun watching how he was "three wheeling" every corner almost

As for the cars, between the ones I drove yesterday I enjoyed the RX8 the most, it wasn't the fastest one and the motor is the least powerful one but the composure of the chassis, the excellent brakes and the amazing steering makes it into a beautiful package that's hard to beat... I'd love to try one of those with a serious power surgery, it feels like it can easily take care of 100 more HP and A LOT more torque... the Renesis motor barely makes torque and it's very evident

.With more time to practice on it I'm pretty sure I can bring it to run laps at around 1:32 on this track

.The WRX was the least fun to drive

.The steering is just terrible and I seriously dislike the transmission

What a big difference from the STI... the STI is a lot of fun to drive and much faster too, not because there's more power - the WRX I drove had about the same power as an STI, but the suspension and the differentials are making a HUGE difference, the brakes on the STI are incredible while the ones on the WRX are nothing too special... with some extra work I might have brought the WRX to 1:37.5 or so, but I drove it pretty gently

.The 350Z is a good package that with some work can be made to great track machine

It has good steering, though a little too light as I prefer heavier steering, since this one is a track edition, it comes with big a$$ Brembo brakes all around, and those, my friends, are magic brakes, I entered one of the corners yesterday a bit too hot and one touch of the brakes and the car slowed down with no drama... good chassis composure too

The suspension set up is annoying, the car has a lot more speed in it but it's hard to take advantage of it because of the factory settings that are mainly towards understeer... with some suspension work I am sure that this car would run that track at around 1:31.5 or so, the power is great, lots of torque and decent transmission, it just needs a little bit of suspension work

.The Porsche is tricky

It makes great power, straight line acceleration is very good, torque is always there and the response is quick, it also has what might be the best brakes in the world, they really do feel great and pedal modulation is amazing, but the whole composure of the car is just not confidense inspiring

A little info about the track will make you understand it better - "Streets of willow" raceway is a short and technical track, there are two short straightways that a powerful car like all five cars that I drove yestreday will get to about 170-185 Kmh when driving clockwise or 180-200 Kmh when driving counter clockwise (going downhill)... many many elevation changes in the middle of corners, a lot of tight turns and not too many stretches to make high speeds... To compare, I'll just state that most other race tracks around here have enough straightways to bring the speeds up to well over 200 Kmh

Back to the Porsche, all these elevation changes and tight corners really upset the chassis, the weight of the motor is felt every tight corner as it feels like it will come around you... as it did happen to my student with me in the car, one corner the tail went out and there was no way to save it, we spun out in the middle of the track and had to drive it to the dirt to clear the traffic... $hit happens... when I drove the car I tried to be as smooth as possible but it still didn't feel to me like I'm fully comfortable with it, though I'm sure that with more practice I'll be more comfortable and be able to bring my lap time with it down to 1:32-1:33

The Miata was wild, the alignment felt like it's off and the tires were not enough for the kind of power that it has... I know how to drive a miata around this track, at least better from 99.9% of the people I normally drive with, for comparison purpose, with my car, I lap this same track at 1:29.14 which is by all means blistering fast

My favorite cars that I drove (mostly students cars) were Mazda RX7 third generation (93-up) twin turbo, I will definitely buy one of those when I have the place to put it, it's the best chassis, steering, gearing and motor you can hope for, I liked the Honda S2000 very much as well, a great car for the track and all around nice composure, the tail is a little twitchy under braking but that can easily be fixed

I LOVED the spec miata racecar that I drove, it is a race calss for miatas only, all built to the same specifications (therefore the name), it has no power at about 115-120 HP but handles like the road has glue all over it, driving it around the race track, I was easily able to outpace guys in STI's and other fast cars, great fun car

My least favorites were Mustang Cobra and Camaro Z28, both have plenty of power but shitty suspension, terrible steering and transmission and above all the chassis is just awful, yuck

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

1.מוטי, רב תודות על הפירוט- הכתיבה/ וניסוח התחושות פשוט מעביר את המסר בצורה הטובה ביותר. תודה על הזמן וההשקעה, כן ירבו.נהנתי לקרוא והתרשמתי עמוקות. :-P

2.אכן רבות דובר על "פיקשוש קל" שפורשה עדיין לא התגברו עליו, עקב שמרנות תרבותית מוטורית של מיקום המנוע ב -911. מה "השתפר" בבוקסטר, וכמובן בקאררה GT.

3. בעיניין המיאטה, אכן שם הנך מרגיש "בבית", איתה כמובן יש לך ניסיון רב יותר, ואתה מכיר את הנקודות על בורין, וכפועל יוצא כי הנך נהג מנוסה שזה במקרה המקצוע שלך,וכן הכרת המסלול, נקודות התורפה שלו וכו', אכן יתנו יתרון של קדימות, ו כן זמנים ישתפרו בהתאם, בה ברגע כי תצא לכמה סיבובים על כל רכב ורכב, אני רואה כי אין לך בעיה לגלות בזמן קצר יחסית את חולשות כל דגם ספציפי שאתה נוהג בו. מה שמוכיח כי כל שאמרתי לעיל, מהווה יתרון על בעלי הרכבים, למרות כי אלה נוהגים בהם ביום יום, אך הכרת מסלול, וניסיון/ למידת הרכב/שיטת נהיגה, לאחר כמה הקפות מקזז כמה שניות ...

במקרים רבים אפילו שתנהג ברכב חזק, תקתיקת הנהיגה/ניסיון/ הכרת המסלול/רכב .ושילוב מהיר של פרמטרים אלה נותן לך יתרון ברור.

4.בקשר לRX8, אכן רבים טוענים כי זו מעבירה את התחושות וגורמת לאדרנלין להשתולל , לחבילה זו מוסיף לא פחות מד הסל"ד,המראה מספרים של אופנוע, אך בתחומים הנמוכים הוא כמעט ולא מורגש, מעניין כמה דלק נשאר לך בסיום ההקפות איתה-היא ידועה כשיכורה אמיתית. עוד דבר יש הטוענים שהיא מזכירה דווקא BMW 325i מהדור הראשון .

5. בקשר להונדה S2000, אכן יש לתת כבוד לזנבה המתעתע, זו כבר הראתה לחבר שלי את הכיוון לתעלה , והיא נפחה את נשמתה, בדרך אמרה "תמות נפשי עם..." ,זה היה בעליה כשנה, הוא לא חזר לרכוש S2000 אחרת,כיום הוא בעליה של פורשה בוקסטר S.

6.כמה חבל שאין כאן חוק ספורט מוטורי, שמאפשר הקמת מסלולים(לא הבי"ס של ראם)

המאפשר ניסיון ושליטה ברכב שלך עצמך, וכן מדידת זמני הקפה וכו'

בינתיים אנו נאלצים להסתפק בקרטינג, ולרעות בשדות זרים בכדי לקבל מנת אדרנלין משובחת.במבט על שלל דפי התמונות, הנוף מזכיר "קצת" את הנגב/דרום, הלב נחמץ שחושבים כי אפשרי להקים שם מסלול דומה .

7. מוטי , אני מניח כי נהגת על הEVO 8, וכפי שאמרת נהגת גם על ה -STI,

אתה יכול בבקשה להרחיב בעיניין? היגוי אחיזה, בלימה,גיר, ביצועים,וכו'?

וכן מעניינת גם ה GOLF R32...

דר"א הניסאן 350Z יפהפיה אמיתית, וגם אופה לא רע... :wink:

7.מוטי, האם הזדמן לך לנהוג, על אקזוטיות? כדוגמת פרארי, למבורג'יני, מזראטי, פורשה חזקות בגרסאות הטורבו, וכו'?

תודה מראש

בכבוד רב

אילן פ.

אילן פ ייביש - turbo

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7104 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

הצטרף לדיון

ניתן לפרסם הודעה כעת ולהירשם לאתר מאוחר יותר. במידה וכבר יש לך חשבון בפורום, התחבר כעת בכדי לפרסם באמצעות החשבון שלך.

הגב לנושא זה...

×   התוכן שהדבקת מסוגנן.   הסר סיגנון

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   הקישור שלך הוטמע אוטומטית בגוף ההודעה.   הצג כקישור רגיל

×   התוכן הקודם שלך שוחזר.   ניקוי העורך

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• תוכן חדש...