• הצטרפו למשפחה

היי, היי אתה (או את) שם!

אנחנו יודעים, נחמד להיות אנונימי, ולמי בכלל יש כוח להירשם או להיות עכשיו "החדשים האלה".

אבל בתור חברי פורום רשומים תוכלו להנות ממערכת הודעות פרטיות, לנהל מעקב אחרי כל הנושאים בהם הייתם פעילים, ובכלל, להיות חלק מקהילת הרכב הכי גדולה, הכי מגניבה, וכן - גם הכי שרוטה, באינטרנט הישראלי. 

אז קדימה, למה אתם מחכים? בואו והצטרפו ותהיו חלק מהמשפחה הקצת דפוקה שלנו.

!For general racing and Mazda Miata fans

Moti - Miata R
שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7137 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

פוסטים מומלצים

סחטן על המכונית, על ההשקעה ועל ה Skills :)

א. האם המכונית הזאת Street legal? אפשר להסתובב איתה ברחובות LA?

ב. בא לך לשתף אותנו במה אתה עובד, או איך עושים quick $$ בארה"ב? :D

תודה מראש

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

• תגובות 30
  • פורסם
  • תגובה אחרונה

המגיבים הפעילים ביותר בשרשור

המגיבים הפעילים ביותר בשרשור

תמונות שפורסמו בשרשור

!Thanx

Well, why did I start with a miata - the car has a bit of an image problem, haha.... in israel people look at it as the pretty car that reach kids have... I used to hear that all the time when I had my miata in israel, people would say "oh, here are the reach kids coming again..." , in the US the image is even funnier - the miata is known to be a "chick car" - a car for girls, haha, but it is very popular at the race track too because of a few very important factors -

It is a real sports car with rear wheel drive

It has incredible suspension from the factory of double wishbones in all four corners

It is extremely reliable and cheap to fix if anything breaks

It takes heavy modifications very well, turbos and superchargers are very popular on these cars

It is a really light car

It's pretty cheap to make it fast enough to kill much more expensive cars on the race track

.A good exmple for you will be to compare the results that I got with my car vs. cars in Porsche club

.Those are obviously much more expensive and well known sports cars

.There are better cars to be had in the US for racing, but you will be very surprised how popular roadsters are

Another popular roadster at the track is the Honda S2000, those are very fast with the right modifications too

There is actually a whole league of miata racing in the US called the "spec miata" series, those are all cars that are prepared according to a set of rules to make sure that all cars are similar, most of them have 120 HP or so, but they have great suspension and handle like there's glue on the track

See pictures of Spec Miatas racecars here -

http://www.specmiata.com/gallery/

By the Way, that GMC pick-up of mine has over 300HP and is fast hahaha

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

אפשר כמה שאלות?

האם עשית למיאטה שלך "דיאטה" באמצעות קרבון?

אם כן,אז כמה הצלחת להוריד?

מה היחס משקל\הספק של המיאטה?

והאם יצא לך למדוד קוורטר? אם כן,אז מה התוצאה?

מצטער על כל השאלות..פשוט זה מעניין אותי. :lol:

.All Imprezas are equal,some are more equal then others

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

1. אני לא חושב שהוא בחר במיאטה בגלל הצורה שלה. יותר בגלל ההנעה האחורית על משקל נוצה...

2. אתה מתבלבל. קבריולה שמבוססת על מכונית סגורה לרוב שוקלת יותר. מכונית כמו המיאטה שנבנתה מראש כמכונית פתוחה לא חייבת לשקול יותר. ומה הקשר לחיזוקים בשמשה הקדמית?

3. אני לא חושב שקשה לשים לב בתמונות להימצאותו של ROLLCAGE על הרכב...

רוני

.My car has a 4 point ROLLBAR and not a full ROLLCAGE

Full rollcage has a front hoop also and door bars, here is a picture of a semi build cage -

http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/OTC/images/OTC_cage_starting.jpg

And you can compare it to my previous posted pics and see what is the difference from my bar.

The answer to the questions that at the club racing level a roll bar is permitted, while in full professional racing a rollcage is required.

.Roni is absolutely right about the weight issue, and by the way the cars are normally reinforced in the floor and not the windshield

-To the questions other guys asked

My car is not street legal currently, it used to be but not anymore, it currently doesn't even have a normal exhaust system and is shooting flames every time I shift gears haha

Making quick $$- not sure how to do it, I have a pretty good job as a construction project manager, it's good $$ but not quick at all

There's only one part of carbon fiber in my car, the mirrors, the rest of the "diet" was done by removing all un-necessary parts off the car - air conditioner, power steering, carpet, windshield wipers and motor, dashboard, spare tire of course,power antenna, power mirrors, cutting the bumper in the back, cutting some of the bolts that were longer than necessary, sun visors removed, various heat sheilds and sound deadening padding, removal of the exhaust system, removed rear shelf and probably a few more things that I forgot... the car is significantly lighter and currently weighs 1018 Kg with full tank of gas.. maybe it doesn't sound very light but don't forget that I have a roll bar in my car and the entire turbo system, both are really heavy and add about 60 Kg to the car... the car started it's "diet" at about 1130 Kg without me in it

With my 71 Kg in the car, at 1089 Kg and about 280 HP, I present a pretty good ratio of about 3.9 Kg per 1 HP

:???: I'm not sure about 1/4 mile, probably somewhere in the 13's

,Hope this helps

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

פשוט מדהימה ! מ-ד-ה-י-מ-ה !!!

אפשר לקבל הסבר קצר באיזה תקנות היא עומדת וע"פ אילו תקנות היא נבנתה ?

כמו כן הסבר על כל הפגושים\ספויילרים\מנהרות רוח\עזרים אוירודינמיים שמורכבים על המיאטה שלך ?

אלוהים נמצא בפרטים הקטנים :mmangel:

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Most of the racing organizations (at least the big ones) start giving you some trouble when you have a trubo on the car that wasn't there originally, so they classify that kind of cars in really high classes

SCCA, which it the largest organization for club racing in the US, will classify my car in the super production class, meaning my competitors drive 700 HP Corvettes and Supras, obviously my miata isn't enough to deal with those as good as it may be, which puts me in front of two choices

1 - Building a miata with a lot of horsepower and just about everything that can make it go faster in the world... you have no idea how expensive it can be... cars like those cost well over $100k to build, I'm not even going there

2 - Race the car in other clubs, which is a great choice and exactly what I'm currently doing, there are many other clubs that offer quality races and have racing classes that a miata can be more competitve, classes that are limited to 2.0L and turbo or so can be great and competitive, you race against Evos, WRXs, Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo and more

:grin: I love it and find that the miata is a giant killer on the track

.Since the car is running mostly unlimited modifications classes, I am allowed to build pretty much whatever I want

So I designed the entire body to be more efficient from aerodynamic stand point, it works like wonder in higher speed, truly unbelieveable

First, I started by removing restrictions, the biggest one is the rear bumper, which acts as a big parachute and really slowing down the car in higher speeds, it took some work and big ball$ but after it was done the car was noticeably quicker above 110 KmH, next, I went after downforce, starting with a big wing on the back, which was replaced later with the giant spoiler that you see in the picture

Those are required to keep the car on the track when you're going into corners in crazy speeds that we sometimes get to during races, I have been with my miata in corners in 5th gear and the gas pedal on the floor, speeds over 200KmH... it's totally crazy sometimes and took me a while to learn how to drive well in these speeds, the splitters in the front keep the front end pointing where you want it to point to in the speeds that were getting to as well

:wink: Fun stuff, I'm telling you

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

חומר פשוט מרתק, מוטי אתה תותח ! :king:

עוד שאלות צצות לי בראש:

1) האם הכנסת את המכונית למנהרת רוח והאם זה בכלל נגיש ואפשרי (בארץ האפשרויות הבלתי מוגבלות :-P ) ?

2) אילו שינויים ביצעת במערך המתלים ? (תרגיש חופשי לפרט ארוכות :wink: )

3) האם יש למכונית ריצפה שטוחה בדומה למכוניות מרוץ אחרות לייצור דאון-פורס וכו' ? (ע"פ התמונות נראה שכן אבל קשה לקבוע)

ובכלל מאוד מעניין אותי כל העניין האוירודינמי, איך ידעת מה לשנות ואיך ? יש מקום באינטרנט שמסבירים באופן ברור וטוב על הנושא הזה ?

יום נעים !

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

מוטי, אותי מאוד מעניין שלמרות שהשקעת מאוד בעניין האווירודינמי וניסית ובחנת...

אתה מתחרה עם גג וחלונות פתוחים!!!!!!

אם תעשה גג קשיח מתלבש... המשקל שלו לא יהיה שווה את האווירודינמיות שהוא מוסיף?

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

!Thanx

Well, why did I start with a miata - the car has a bit of an image problem, haha.... in israel people look at it as the pretty car that reach kids have... I used to hear that all the time when I had my miata in israel, people would say "oh, here are the reach kids coming again..." , in the US the image is even funnier - the miata is known to be a "chick car" - a car for girls, haha, but it is very popular at the race track too because of a few very important factors -

.Moti

Hi Monti

I think you got the CHICK confused with GAY........."

Anyway you and you little car are invited for to come and race with some of the fastest 240SX at the PIR any day.any time

:-P

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Hi Monti

Anyway you and you little car are invited for to come and race with some of the fastest 240SX at the PIR any day.any time

:-P

:roflmao:

רק של יתן לך בראש בסוף, ואז תצא פקק רציני...

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

מוטי, אותי מאוד מעניין שלמרות שהשקעת מאוד בעניין האווירודינמי וניסית ובחנת...

אתה מתחרה עם גג וחלונות פתוחים!!!!!!

אם תעשה גג קשיח מתלבש... המשקל שלו לא יהיה שווה את האווירודינמיות שהוא מוסיף?

נקודה מצויינת, רציתי לאול גם לגבי זה. הפיתרונות היחידים שהעלתי הם

א) ישנן תקנות כלשהן שמחייבות אותך לנסוע ככה. (רכבים חסרי גג יתחרו...ללא גג)

או

ב) אתה נהנה לנהוג ככה.

ועוד שאלה: איזה רכב משמש אותך ביומיום ?

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

Hi Monti

:razz:

ROFLMAO (for ones who don't know yet - Rolling On the Floor, Laughing My A$$ Off), seriously Golan, good to see you here man

Golan is actually a good friend of mine for a few years now, he was the one to poison my mind towards the purchase of my first miata, I think I took it further than he originally thought it'll get to

Hey Golan, I just got off the phone with Tommy, the director of Speed Trial USA (website here -

http://www.speedtrialusa.com), we are a go for the event at willow springs at the 27th, yeah baby! daddy is gonna show everyone what turbo miatas can do

:wink: I have to go back to work right now, but will get back with you guys soon

.Moti

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

חומר פשוט מרתק, מוטי אתה תותח ! :king:

עוד שאלות צצות לי בראש:

1) האם הכנסת את המכונית למנהרת רוח והאם זה בכלל נגיש ואפשרי (בארץ האפשרויות הבלתי מוגבלות :razz: ) ?

2) אילו שינויים ביצעת במערך המתלים ? (תרגיש חופשי לפרט ארוכות :wink: )

3) האם יש למכונית ריצפה שטוחה בדומה למכוניות מרוץ אחרות לייצור דאון-פורס וכו' ? (ע"פ התמונות נראה שכן אבל קשה לקבוע)

ובכלל מאוד מעניין אותי כל העניין האוירודינמי, איך ידעת מה לשנות ואיך ? יש מקום באינטרנט שמסבירים באופן ברור וטוב על הנושא הזה ?

יום נעים !

Gershon - wind tunnels aren't exactly around the corner, even in the US... I don't know about accessible one around here.

The floor has a flat belly pan at the forn third of the car (from the front to the firwall) and and the rear quarter (from the diff back), I am planning on making a full belly pan but have yet to find a solution to the cooling problem that it will present - the trnsmission will need to be cooled, the diff will need to be cooled and more, but another problem is with ground clearance, I'll build it at some point, I just need more time and research

I've been studying aerodynamics from a few years now on my own, started when I was in the air force and than by myself with books... I don't know of any good website to do some reading on but there are a few good books that you can buy at Amazon.com about race car aerodynamics, I have done a lot of trial and error too, tried different designs, tried building my own wings... a lot of research and track time leads you to know what works and what doesn't, it is a fun process and I enjoy it very much

Suspension work... well actually, I went with a basic kit that a company named Racing Beat are making for the miata, the kit has Koni single adjustable yellow shocks, Racing Beat springs, Racing beat front tubular sway bar, racing beat rear solid sway bar and a front sway bar reinforcement brace. Though it is a pretty simple kit it is quite effective and I have great results with it, I would highly recommend it for any street driven miata since it also keeps the ride quality pretty reasonable for what it is

The real secret is in the alignment, it took me quite a while to find the right formula to make the car handle and grip in corners that way it is now... maybe good 3.5 years or playing with it, but I did get to the point of being able to turn the car and nail the gas pedal and the car would just fly our of the turns, my current set-up is 2.5 degrees of negative camber in the front, 2 degrees of neg camber in the back, 0 toe in the front, 7mm of total toe-in in the back (3.5mm per side) and the maximum caster in the front, which is about 5.5 degrees, along with the aerodynamics that I built on the car, it can take corners in some amazing speeds

As for the other questions, running the car with the soft top down is a safety rule, as in case of a roll over the soft top frame might be a hazard, same goes to the windows, road race cars in general don't have windows since they can break on you, obviously a hazard as well... a lot of times race cars have their windows made out of lexan (which I, by the way, used for my spoiler, made to withstand the pressures of high speeds) for safety reasons

:grin: I do enjoy driving like that as well

My daily driver is my pick up truck, the GMC Sierra 4WD, it is a 300 HP monster with a 5.3L V8 and tons of torque, quite a nice truck and powerful enough to tow the miata without any problems. The GMC replaced my old BMW M3 that I had for daily driving, I just wanted to get more serious with the building of my miata, and to get really serious you have to get a truck and a trailer - the M3 had to go

- Here are pics of my GMC and my old M3, the pics of my M3 are ones that I took when I drove up the Pike's peak, if any of you know the famous rally that they run there every year

!Enjoy and let me know if you have any more questions

.Moti

GMC-Sierra-Z71w.jpg

M3-@-Pike's-peak.jpg

M3-@-Pike's-peak2.jpg

M3-CA-fires.jpg

שיתוף קישור לתגובה
שיתוף באתרים אחרים

שימו לב! השרשור הזה בן 7137 ימים, שזה ממש ממש הרבה. נא המנעו מהקפצה שלו והקפיצו אותו אך ורק אם אתם פותחי השרשור ו/או יש לכם עדכון רלוונטי לנושא. אם יש לכם שאלה, נא פתחו שרשור חדש.

הצטרף לדיון

ניתן לפרסם הודעה כעת ולהירשם לאתר מאוחר יותר. במידה וכבר יש לך חשבון בפורום, התחבר כעת בכדי לפרסם באמצעות החשבון שלך.

הגב לנושא זה...

×   התוכן שהדבקת מסוגנן.   הסר סיגנון

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   הקישור שלך הוטמע אוטומטית בגוף ההודעה.   הצג כקישור רגיל

×   התוכן הקודם שלך שוחזר.   ניקוי העורך

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• תוכן חדש...